[infinispan-dev] L1 consistency for transactional caches.

Pedro Ruivo pedro at infinispan.org
Tue Jul 2 10:59:40 EDT 2013

Hi all,

simple question: What are the consistency guaranties that is supposed to
be ensured?

I have the following scenario (happened in a test case):

NonOwner: remote get key
BackupOwner: receives the remote get and replies (with the correct value)
BackupOwner: put in L1 the value
PrimaryOwner: [at the same time] is committing a transaction that will
update the key.
PrimaryOwer: receives the remote get after sending the commit. The
invalidation for L1 is not sent to NonOwner.

The test finishes and I perform a check for the key value in all the
caches. The NonOwner returns the L1 cached value (==test fail).

IMO, this is bug (or not) depending what guaranties we provide.

wdyt?

Pedro