[infinispan-dev] Integrating Karsten's FCS

Sanne Grinovero sanne at infinispan.org
Tue Jul 9 09:44:48 EDT 2013

Hi Randall,
I would agree with you that this should be a priority, but keep in
mind that just migrating data from a CacheStore to another won't be
enough: as I pointed out in my previous mail, binary encoding also
changed, making it impossible to deserialize the values.

I'm not sure if the encoding change was meant to happen, but
apparently there is currently no effort in place to test for this kind
of backward compatibility.

If you need such a thing for ModeShape it would likely be easier for
you to provide such a tool in ModeShape to extract all data and dump
it to some external file, than to provide the hooks in Infinispan as
the transcoding tool would need to depend on multiple Infinispan
versions.

Sanne