[infinispan-dev] SimpleFileCacheStore

Mircea Markus mmarkus at redhat.com
Wed Jul 31 04:31:38 EDT 2013

On 30 Jul 2013, at 20:03, Shane Johnson <shjohnso at redhat.com> wrote:

> One option might be to use a fix key set size and simply increment the value for each key by X every time it is written. Sort of like an object with a collection and every time a nested object is added to the collection, the parent object is written to the cache.

In this example the aggregated objects should hold a foreign key to the aggregator, otherwise the object would grow indefinitely causing OOMs.
But good point nevertheless: if the size of every object varies from 1k,2k,3k..Nk circularly, then the total disk capacity allocated for storing an entry is ((1+N)*N)/2.
So for storing 100MB of data you'd end up with a file with size 5GB. On top of that the memory consumption grows proportionally, as we keep in memory information about all the allocated segments on disk.

Mircea Markus
Infinispan lead (www.infinispan.org)