[infinispan-dev] a nice HTML5 console for Infinispan & a question on MBean names...

Tristan Tarrant ttarrant at redhat.com
Wed Mar 20 05:44:58 EDT 2013

On 03/19/2013 06:55 PM, Dennis Reed wrote:
> This is an invalid use of the MBean names.
>
> The keys in an ObjectName are unordered.  It is a bug to depend on a
> specific ordering of the keys.
Thanks Dennis, I was about to write that.
> On 03/19/2013 10:07 AM, Manik Surtani wrote:
>>
>> On 27 Feb 2013, at 15:54, James Strachan <james.strachan at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I also wondered if folks fancied adding a few more operations to the
>> Cache mbean so that we could build a little console in hawtio for
>> Infinispan; to view/update contents of the caches or flush them etc?
This is actually trickier than you think: Infinispan can theoretically
use any kind of data for keys/values (including custom Java classes).
Furthermore these keys/values may be wrapped by service-specific
containers making it very difficult to implement some kind of CRUD
interface.
You could probably latch on to the Infinispan CLI server component
(which incidentally is also exposed as an MBean) and provides solutions
for most of the above problems.

Tristan