[infinispan-dev] a nice HTML5 console for Infinispan & a question on MBean names...

Tristan Tarrant ttarrant at redhat.com
Wed Mar 20 17:39:04 EDT 2013

On 03/20/2013 04:03 PM, James Strachan wrote:

> If the order really is unimportant then noone will mind if we change
> it :) Though really tools tend to assume a certain order.
>
> Though really most JMX related tools build trees from the MBean
> property names; so order dictates how the tree is drawn.

Actually, JMX tools do the following: they group by domain, and then
they create subgroups based on common properties. So if I have the
following:

my.domain:type=Pets,name=Cat
my.domain:name=Dog,type=Pets

they would get graphically represented as (crap ASCII graph alert):

my.domain
   - Pets
       - Cat
       - Dog