[infinispan-dev] Changing configuration at runtime

Tristan Tarrant ttarrant at redhat.com
Fri Mar 22 07:05:12 EDT 2013

Hi all,

the current list of configuration parameters which can be tweaked at
runtime is quite small:

Global
   Nothing
Cache
   AsyncStoreConfiguration.flushLockTimeout(long l)
AsyncStoreConfiguration.shutdownTimeout(long l)
LockingConfiguration.lockAcquisitionTimeout(long lockAcquisitionTimeout)
StateTransferConfiguration.timeout(long l)
StoreAsBinaryConfiguration.enabled(boolean enabled)
SyncConfiguration.replTimeout(long l)
TransactionConfiguration.cacheStopTimeout(long l)
TransactionConfiguration.lockingMode(LockingMode lockingMode)
TransactionConfiguration.syncCommitPhase(boolean b)
TransactionConfiguration.syncRollbackPhase(boolean b)
TransactionConfiguration.transactionManagerLookup(TransactionManagerLookup
transactionManagerLookup)
TransactionConfiguration.useEagerLocking(boolean b)

We're probably being over-conservative here, and it would be nice to be
able to tune more parameters, such as async queue size, eviction size,
default expiration, thread pool configuration and whatever else can be
done without too much effort.
Could you all please look at your respective areas of competence and see
if we can expose any tunable parameters ?
Obviously these need to be exposed via JMX/RHQ as well.

Thanks

Tristan