[infinispan-dev] ISPN-2281 effect on Infinispan Server

Galder Zamarreño galder at redhat.com
Thu May 2 13:56:37 EDT 2013

On May 2, 2013, at 5:05 PM, Tristan Tarrant <ttarrant at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi all (Galder in particular),
>
> the integration of ISPN-2281 has caused breakage of Infinispan Server
> because the caches created by the server have key/value equivalence set
> to AnyEquivalence instead of ByteArrayEquivalence (like the testsuite does).

^ Not sure I understand the problem...

I was expecting that the Infinispan Server would configure ByteArrayEquivalence for key and value for Hot Rod servers. That configuration seems to work as expected for the testsuite. What is your problem exactly?

> I believe the fix rests in making AnyEquivalence true to its name and
> handle array equivalence too.

AnyEquivalence is equivalence based on java.lang.Object.equals/hashCode, which does not apply to arrays...

> HotRod on Infinispan Server is essentially broken until this is fixed.

^ If you configure keyEquivalence to ByteArrayEquivalence it should work fine.