[infinispan-dev] TimeService (ISPN-3069): CacheLoader API break

Pedro Ruivo pedro at infinispan.org
Wed May 8 05:40:26 EDT 2013

On 05/08/2013 10:36 AM, Manik Surtani wrote:

> On 8 May 2013, at 10:34, Pedro Ruivo <pedro at infinispan.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> In order to use the TimeService inside the cache loaders/stores I had to
>> change the method init() to include a new parameter the TimeService.
>
> Won't this break custom/3rd party impls?

probably/definitely yes.

but I don't want to create a cache in all the cache loader/store tests
that will be used to pick the TimeService.

I tried to mock the ComponentRegistry but it is not possible for final
classes. I don't want to remove the final :(

Another alternative that come to my mind was to add a new method in
AdvancedCache that returns the TimeService (and this I can mock it in
the test suite)

wdyt?