[infinispan-dev] moving (some) cache stores in a different github repository

Mircea Markus mmarkus at redhat.com
Thu May 9 16:24:22 EDT 2013

On 9 May 2013, at 14:13, Sanne Grinovero wrote:

> With independent release numbers (and days) ?
>
> I realize it makes developer's life easier as you can break them all
> without needing to care,
not true. There'll be CI runs for these cache stores. I actually think this should increase the quality of the core, as if a build in core breaks a cache store dependency then we should add an unit test in core to verify that condition.
> still it won't make users life easier.

user's life should be pretty much the same, if they use maven.

> What do you propose we should do when an Infinispan (core project)
> change breaks some tests in the CacheStore?

The same we do with the server and hibernate integration - fix them.
The number of cache store is increasing a lot and keeping them in the core is not scalable (practical).

Mircea Markus
Infinispan lead (www.infinispan.org)