[infinispan-dev] Recovery with async cache mode

Mircea Markus mmarkus at redhat.com
Fri May 10 06:24:17 EDT 2013

On 10 May 2013, at 09:55, Manik Surtani wrote:

> On 9 May 2013, at 21:44, Mircea Markus <mmarkus at redhat.com> wrote:
>

>>> I think the correct thing to do is to fix the test suite and throw an
>>> exception if someone tries to enable recovery with async cache mode.
>> Or just raise an WARNING for now, just for backward compatibility.
>
> No, I think we should throw an exception as an invalid configuration.  Because, well, it is invalid.  If anyone is using async + recovery, it is important that they realise that it is invalid and fix their config.
fair enough. At the end of the day people need to turn on xa-enlistment explicitly so they must be looking for recovery if they do do that.
@Pedro - just make sure that both recovery is enabled *and* XA resource enlistment is set to true if throwing an exception. I think that should reduce the number of test that fail significantly.

Mircea Markus
Infinispan lead (www.infinispan.org)