[infinispan-dev] configuring fetchInMemoryState for topology caches

Galder Zamarreño galder at redhat.com
Tue May 21 02:58:41 EDT 2013

On May 16, 2013, at 12:00 PM, Mircea Markus <mmarkus at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi Galder,
>
> Whilst reviewing Tristan's pull request for ISPN-3008[1] I saw that we allow configuring "fetchInMemoryState" for topology caches and wondering why we do that?

^ Not sure exactly what you mean… When a node joins in, it needs to receive the topology from other nodes to be able to provide topology headers with the correct info to the clients. That's why the topology caches can be configured with fetching memory. Alternatively, since the cache is replicated, a similar effect can be achieved with a cluster cache loader. This was introduced a while back as a result of a bug with state transfer (I think it was something related to https://issues.jboss.org/browse/EDG-44)

> Shouldn't it be enabled by default/enforced?

^ Either that, or the cluster cache loader are used, both of which serve the same purpouse.

galder at redhat.com
twitter.com/galderz

Project Lead, Escalante
http://escalante.io