[infinispan-dev] Baselining on Java 7

cotton-ben ben.cotton at ALUMNI.RUTGERS.EDU
Fri May 24 12:07:27 EDT 2013

/> Besides NIO2 stuff, is there anything from 7 we want badly? /

Yes.  In its version 7 release, Java introduces a Socket Direct Protocol
capability.  For the first time ever, a Java API can accommodate a direct
bridge to ultra-low-latency physical network providers like Infiniband
(including access to native Infiniband VERBs).

I know this is probably a very limited use case for you guys for right now,
but, Java 7's SDP capability is a game changer.   Bela and I have exchanged
musings about this potential to some-time being exposed through the
Infinispan/JGroups API stack(
https://community.jboss.org/message/810754#810754 ).  It is something you
guys will definitely want to show case some day (btw, what is a more natural
name marriage than "Infinispan on Infiniband" ?) and with Java 7 SDP
capability you can start building that bridge now.