[infinispan-dev] Infinispan server REST API functionality question

Jiri Holusa jholusa at redhat.com
Thu Nov 21 06:31:10 EST 2013

Hi,

Galder suggested posting this question here, so here it comes. :)

I'm adding tests for ISPN server REST endpoint and I'm wondering if following feature should be supported. In existing tests (IntegrationTests.scala) I see this test case: put entry directly into cache (via RemoteCacheManager) then  retrieve via REST with header Accept: application/json or application/xml. Returns nice json or xml structure of the object, just as expected.

I tried to do the same thing, but now put the entry via REST (the only difference to previous case, not directly) and then retrieve via REST with various Accept headers. But it returns me the Content-Type which was set during the put and also the same content. For instance: put (Content-type: application/x-java-serialized-object) and get (Accept: application/json) => still returns application/x-java-serialized-object.

I'm wondering if there should also be some sort of transformation or this is not supported or maybe I'm doing something wrong.

I would appreciate any help, sorry for bothering you, guys.

Jirka Holusa