[infinispan-dev] Is anyone else experiencing JGRP-1675

Sanne Grinovero sanne at infinispan.org
Fri Oct 11 10:26:20 EDT 2013

On 11 October 2013 14:21, Dan Berindei <dan.berindei at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've seen StateTransferLargeObjectTest hang on my machine with all OOB
> threads waiting in FlowControl$Credit.decrementIfEnoughCredits, but I
> thought that was because the JGroups internal thread pool wasn't enabled in
> the test configuration. Now that I've seen it's enabled by default, I think
> it could be a JGroups problem after all.

Seems you think that the testsuite setup could make some tests behave
differently than expected, that's quite a bad sign on the testsuite
quality.

I would argue then that these threadpools should not be disabled, or
that these tests should not be end-to-end tests including a JGroups
stack, but probably replace the channel with an in-memory copy of the
buffers.

Sanne