[infinispan-dev] scala

Galder Zamarreño galder at redhat.com
Tue Sep 3 08:44:55 EDT 2013

Btw, that error has nothing to do with Scala itself. This is Java compilation error. CC'ing the rest of the list for this:

In recent Intellij versions, the moment it needs to compile Scala classes, it switches even Java compilation to use Scala SBT to compile Java classes too. For more detailed info, see http://blog.jetbrains.com/scala/2012/12/28/a-new-way-to-compile/

"It’s worth noting, that there is a one side-effect of using SBT compiler, resulting in how Java files are handled in Scala projects (ones with a least one Scala facet). Because we need to maintain a coherent model of dependencies, compilation of all Java files, event in “pure” Java modules, is routed through SBT. For most use cases that is perfectly OK, unless you need to use a non-standard Java compiler (by the way, SBT supports in-process Java compiler as well)."

Cheers,

galder at redhat.com
twitter.com/galderz

Project Lead, Escalante