[infinispan-dev] ISPN-3051 configuration

Dan Berindei dan.berindei at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 05:18:02 EDT 2013

Hi guys

As you know, I'm working on ISPN-3051, allowing each node to take a higher
or lower proportion of the entries in the cache. I've implemented this by
adding a float "loadFactor" setting in each node's configuration, with 1
being the default and any positive value being accepted (including 0).

There are two questions I wanted to ask you about the configuration:

1. What do you think about the "loadFactor" name? I started having doubts
about it, since it has a very different meaning in HashMap. I have come up
with a couple alternatives, but I don't love any of them:
"proportionalLoad" and "proportionalCapacity".

2. Where should we put this setting? I have added it as
CacheConfiguration.clustering().hash().loadFactor(), but I can't think of a
reason for having different values for each cache, so we might as well put
it in the global configuration.

Cheers
Dan