[infinispan-dev] OSGi

Bilgin Ibryam bibryam at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 03:24:35 EDT 2014

Hi Emmanuel,

I will give another try these days but I believe OSGi support in infinispan
is almost there now.

As for Camel integration, having a string based query language would
definitely be useful, for the time being I've provided a
QueryBuilderStrategy where the users has to manually build a QueryBuilder
from a QueryFactory Not ideal but works.

Cheers,

Brett has offered to help you but I know for sure he won?t lead it. He
> would be more like a good expect to talk to.
> Bilgin has shown a Camel integration prototype but he also seemed to imply
> that he had some significant problems that needed Infinispan improvements.
>
> Also, I?m not quite sure but looking at these Camel routes, they seem to
> be very URI driven. If we want to support query over a Camel route and
> express them via a URI, we will need a string based query language. I might
> be talking nonsense and somehow the query is written in Java. But better
> anticipate. Bilgin would know more, he has written in his demo
> CamelInfinispanOperationQuery after all :)
>
> Emmanuel
>

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 7
> Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 11:32:37 +0100
> From: Giovanni Meo <gmeo at cisco.com>
> Subject: Re: [infinispan-dev] OSGi
> To: infinispan -Dev List <infinispan-dev at lists.jboss.org>,
>         emmanuel at hibernate.org
>
> Hi Emmanuel and infinispan folks,
>
> we have been using Infinispan in OSGi environment in a project called
> OpenDayLight, if interested you can look at:
>

> https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/gitweb?p=controller.git;a=blob;f=opendaylight/clustering/services_implementation/pom.xml;h=d7a3db3841888f3c08e5cf8795aa42cf9cd9b4bc;hb=HEAD
>
> Granted we are using a tiny part of the infinispan capabilities, but we
> found
> very helpful to first of all define the contract the applications would
> have
> with the infinispan. For other issues like the classloading, we just made
> sure
> to provider a ClassResolver that always enforce the lookup in the OSGi
> class
> loader, and in spite of some initial unreliability things has been doing
> ok for us.
>
> My 2 cents,
> Giovanni
>
> On 27-Mar-14 10:28, Emmanuel Bernard wrote:
> > Hey guys,
> >
> > Sanne and Hardy are working on the OSGi-ification of Hibernate Search
> and it
> > does not come without trouble.
> >
> > Who is leading this effort on the Infinispan side? I recommend you start
> > early in a release cycle because you will have to butcher APIs and
> packages
> > to do it properly. Worse, you will suffer from you dependencies.
> >
> > Brett has offered to help you but I know for sure he won?t lead it. He
> would
> > be more like a good expect to talk to. Bilgin has shown a Camel
> integration
> > prototype but he also seemed to imply that he had some significant
> problems
> > that needed Infinispan improvements.
> >
> > Also, I?m not quite sure but looking at these Camel routes, they seem to
> be
> > very URI driven. If we want to support query over a Camel route and
> express
> [...]

Bilgin Ibryam

Apache Camel & Apache OFBiz committer
Blog: ofbizian.com
Twitter: @bibryam <https://twitter.com/bibryam>

Author of Instant Apache Camel Message Routing
http://www.amazon.com/dp/1783283475