[infinispan-dev] Distributed executors and Future(s) they return

Vladimir Blagojevic vblagoje at redhat.com
Wed Feb 26 14:31:23 EST 2014

Hey,

There is an interesting request from community to include an Address along with a Future returned for a subtask being executed [1].

I think it makes sense what this user wants. We might create Future sub interface that has getAddress method and we can return an object implementing that interface instead of plain Future. In some new major release we can officially change the signature of these DistributedExecutorService methods to return i.e TargetedFuture - it would not break existing clients. Maybe even make TargetedFuture extend NotifyingFuture.

Any thoughts?

Vladimir

[1] https://community.jboss.org/thread/237442