[infinispan-dev] reusing infinispan's marshalling

Adrian Nistor anistor at redhat.com
Thu Jan 30 07:13:20 EST 2014

Hi list!

I've been pondering about re-using the marshalling machinery of
Infinispan in another project, specifically in ProtoStream, where I'm
planning to add it as a test scoped dependency so I can create a
benchmark  to compare marshalling performace. I'm basically interested
in comparing ProtoStream and Infinispan's JBoss Marshalling based
mechanism. Comparing against plain JBMAR, without using the
ExternalizerTable and Externalizers introduced by Infinispan is not
going to get me accurate results.

But how? I see the marshaling is spread across infinispan-commons and
infinispan-core modules.

Thanks!
Adrian