[infinispan-dev] Ditching ASYNC modes for REPL/DIST/INV/CacheStores?

Galder Zamarreño galder at redhat.com
Fri Jan 31 02:08:24 EST 2014

Hi all,

The following came to my mind yesterday: I think we should ditch ASYNC modes for DIST/REPL/INV and our async cache store functionality.

Instead, whoever wants to store something asyncronously should use asynchronous methods, i.e. call putAsync. So, this would mean that when you call put(), it's always sync. This would reduce the complexity and configuration of our code base, without affecting our functionality, and it would make things more logical IMO.

WDYT?

galder at redhat.com
twitter.com/galderz

Project Lead, Escalante