[infinispan-dev] Example server config tests disabled?

Sanne Grinovero sanne at infinispan.org
Mon Jul 7 05:37:08 EDT 2014

On 7 July 2014 10:10, Martin Gencur <mgencur at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> looks like all example config tests were marked as "Unstable" and hence
> disabled. I see a note "See ISPN-4026" in ExampleConfigsIT.java and it
> leads to https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-4026. This would be fine
> if not all tests for all example configs were disabled.
> As a result, tests for the example config for rolling upgrades did not
> run and this issue was ignored:
> https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-4026  This looks like a critical
> issue to me.
>
> PS: I will always wonder how we can be disabling tests in this way.

+1
I don't understand how we can keep pushing things which break stuff by
disabling tests rather than rolling back broken patches.

There are situations in which a test is badly designed and it should
be disabled, but I've had lots of tests in Query disabled because of
stuff not working as it should in core.. stuff which used to work.
In such cases one shouldn't disable the test but roll-back the changes
which broke it, and think better about the "fixes" rather than move
responsibility to others to figure it out eventually.

Sanne