[infinispan-dev] Leaking ThreadLocal

Sanne Grinovero sanne at infinispan.org
Tue Jun 10 04:31:14 EDT 2014

Hi all,
as spotted by the testsuite - which was rightfully complaining - the
CHMv8 which we backported from the JDK has a static ThreadLocal that
it uses internally.

Our copy is having the same, and so Dan enhanced the "ThreadLocal
detection" utility in the testsuite to "allow" specific threadlocal
instances; nice as at least infinispan-core now has no more failures.

Next the bigger question: this might be ok in the JDK - which
obviously doesn't get redeployed - but is it ok in our stuff?
I guess the answer is no.. would you all agree that the CHM instances
should share an instance whose lifecycle has to be managed by the
CacheManager ?

Cheers,
Sanne