[infinispan-dev] Issue with JGroups config files in ispn-core

Alan Field afield at redhat.com
Fri Jun 13 03:09:47 EDT 2014

----- Original Message -----

I agree that defining the order that configuration files are loaded is important and should be defined. I would prefer a more readable path like "META-INF/example_configurations/jgroups/udp.xml". This also gives us a good location to provide example cache configuration files as well. I also think that a message should be logged with the path to the configuration file being used:

2014-06-12 06:45:02,871 [thread-name] INFO  [package-name] Using JGroups configuration file 'jar:META-INF/example_configurations/jgroups/udp.xml'
2014-06-12 06:45:02,871 [thread-name] INFO  [package-name] Using JGroups configuration file 'file:/app_home/config/jgroups-udp.xml'

This would make it more obvious to the user which configuration file is in use.

Thanks,
Alan