[infinispan-dev] Never push with --force

Sanne Grinovero sanne at infinispan.org
Wed Mar 12 05:27:36 EDT 2014

Yesterday I pushed a fix from Dan upstream, and this morning the fix
wasn't there anymore. Some unrelated fix was merged in the meantime.

I only realized this because I was updating my personal origin and git
wouldn't allow me to push the non-fast-forward branch, so in a sense I
could detect it because of how our workflow works (good).

I have no idea of how it happened, but I guess it won't hurt to remind
that we should never push with --force, at least not without warning
the whole list.

I now cherry-picked and fixed master by re-pushing the missing patch,
so nothing bad happening :-)

Sanne