[infinispan-dev] Never push with --force

Adrian Nistor anistor at redhat.com
Wed Mar 12 12:01:09 EDT 2014

Sanne, is it possible that you forgot to push his changes upstream when
closing his PR?

This is what the github news feed of infinispan repo tells me:
1. Dan opened the PR #2433 yesterday (about 20 hrs ago)
2. you closed his PR after a few hours (15 hrs ago) and commented
'Merged', but I cannot see a 'pushed to master' entry in newsfeed around
this time
3. You pushed upstream this morning (7 hrs ago)

I would never expect --force being used on the upstream repo. Whoever
does it should ask permission first and have a good reason, not just
warn the list about it.