[infinispan-dev] Infinispan 7.1 plan

Gustavo Fernandes gustavonalle at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 10:08:40 EDT 2014

> Remove every failing test from our code base - just delete it (no ignoring,
> no adding to separate testsuite - just delete).
> Create separate branch and place all those tests there - simply revert
> commit which removed them from master.
> Organize failed-test-bounty with our Community - ask them to fix as many as
> possible during fixed amount of time (a month or two? maybe shorter?).
> Every contributor in failed-test-bounty will be listed in "Thanks" section
> of the release notes
> After the bounty is over, we'll just delete tests which were not fixed...

-1 to delete tests, unless it's clear they are rubbish. A failing
test, specially those who fail
some times on some specific machines when it rains, is potentially
exposing a race condition
in the code it is testing: I can't see other way to handle it rather
than understanding why it fails
and fix either the test or the feature.

Gustavo