[infinispan-dev] Infinispan 7.1 plan

Dan Berindei dan.berindei at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 07:04:52 EDT 2014

On Wed, Oct 22, 2014 at 11:59 AM, Vojtech Juranek <vjuranek at redhat.com>
wrote:

> > Does anyone volunteer for ISPN-4813?
>
> me not:-) as this one is IMHO little bit tricky - it's (at least partially)
> related to the question "which size is the correct size?". Was there any
> clear
> conclusion in recent " About size()" thread?
>

> > > actually, if there's a failing test and it's clear which commit has
> caused
> > > it, we can stop merging PRs from the developer
> > > who has introduced the regression until he fix it. This should be clear
> > > message, that the first thing he should
> > > work on is to fix the test. IMHO we can start with it now and don't
> need
> > > green testsuite for it
> >
> > In theory that sounds good, but who do we stop merging for on account the
> > current failures? :)
>
> probably nobody, we need to find volunteers in this case. I meant it only
> for
> issues where it's clear who introduced the regression (e.g. me for recently
> failing NodeAuth*IT tests). As above, not a complete solution, but rather a
> small step to move to the state where we would like to be

Yeah, that's what I meant, most of the time it's hard to track down who
caused a specific failure.

BTW, I forgot to mention something in the previous email: when you
investigate a test failure please mark the test as investigated in TeamCity
(preferably with a link to an issue in JIRA). And if it's an intermittent
failure, make sure it's not marked as fixed automatically (TC is a little
greedy here, it thinks the test is fixed the moment it doesn't fail in a
build).

Cheers
Dan