[infinispan-dev] Test groups

Sebastian Łaskawiec slaskawi at redhat.com
Mon Sep 1 06:50:17 EDT 2014

Hi!

Recently I've been working with some tests and I noticed that we have
pretty large number of Maven profiles responsible for selecting which
test suites should be executed:

      * test-CI
      * test-functional
      * test-jgroups
      * test-transaction
      * test-unit
      * test-unstable
      * test-xsite

Perhaps some of them might be removed and we could create some more
useful hierarchy. Here is my proposition:

      * test-smoke - all unit test with some basic functional tests
        based on Arquillian. This profile would be invoked by default
        and with our CI server.  There is already a ticket to implement
        such profile in Jira [1]. I think it would be a good practice to
        reject all Pull Requests which fail against this profile.
      * test-acceptance - Full test suite without performance test. This
        should be executed once a day (nightly profile?)
      * test-performance - Reserved for performance/stress tests.
      * test-code-quality - test-acceptance with Sonar, Firebug, Jacoco
        or any other tool for measuring code quality. Executed once a
        day.

In my opinion above hierarchy will help to identify serious problems
faster and will help us in productisation stream.

What do you think?

[1] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-4665

Best regards
Sebastian