[infinispan-dev] Feedback and requests on clustered and remote listeners

Galder Zamarreño galder at redhat.com
Tue Sep 23 12:12:36 EDT 2014

On 22 Sep 2014, at 19:23, William Burns <mudokonman at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 12:39 PM, Emmanuel Bernard
> <emmanuel at hibernate.org> wrote:
>>
>> On 19 Sep 2014, at 17:09, William Burns <mudokonman at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> </snip>
>
>> At any rate the programming model becomes quite awkward and rely on strong understanding, I’d prefer to stick an enum showing the transition explicitly to make things easier.
>
> I am not sold on this as it seems pretty trivial to decipher which
> operation is which and the information would be present on the
> javadocs as well.

I’m with Emmanuel on this. I’d much rather avoid relying on whether something is null/not-null and instead rely on a more typesafe solution. In fact, for remote listeners, org.infinispan.client.hotrod.event.ClientEvent has a type that allows the client to detect the type of the event received, independent of what the value(s) contain.

galder at redhat.com
twitter.com/galderz