[infinispan-dev] Feedback and requests on clustered and remote listeners

Radim Vansa rvansa at redhat.com
Wed Sep 24 03:10:05 EDT 2014

On 09/24/2014 08:16 AM, Galder Zamarreño wrote:
> On 23 Sep 2014, at 19:02, William Burns <mudokonman at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> ^ Hmmmmm, not sure I like that. If you look at the remote event blog posts, you’ll see that I use create/modify/remove annotations and then the parameter to the callback varies depending on whether you had converter applied to it or not. IOW, without a converter, a created event parameter is a ClientCacheEntryCreatedEvent, whereas with a converter, the parameter is a ClientCacheEntryCustomEvent. Two different types of events for the same event type. If you did it with explicit methods, you’d have to duplicate them for custom events.
>> This is for embedded and is done in the filter and converter (not in
>> the listener).  Unless I am missing something this shouldn't directly
>> affect the client methods.
> Ah ok.

>>> I don’t like the name actually. I associate update with modifications, and in similar vein, inserts with creation and delete with removals.
>> What would you suggest?  A few things I thought of quickly:
>> CacheOperationFilter, CacheEventFilter, CacheWriteFilter - the only
>> reason I preface Cache is because we have CacheManager events as well.
> Maybe CacheEventFilter...

Does expiration trigger clustered listeners? 'Event' sounds quite
generic, I would expect the EventFilter to be able to handle
expirations, invalidations, evictions etc., maybe even reads as well
(whether through separate methods or enums).

ModificationFilter could be better (in TX I think we use term
'modifications' for all CUD ops), but we have already used
CacheEntryModified for 'update'.

>>> --
>>> Galder Zamarreño
>>> galder at redhat.com