[infinispan-dev] Hanging state transfer

Sanne Grinovero sanne at infinispan.org
Tue Apr 21 09:25:54 EDT 2015

Hi all,
any idea or suggestion please? Thread dumps are attached.

It's running two WildFly 9 instances, in "standalone" mode so I don't
expect other JGroups channels to be open.
I deploy an Hibernate Search application in them, and this simply
starts a CacheManager. That hangs on start().

If I run the exact same test, with exact same Infinispan version
(7.1.1.Final) on WildFly 8.2 + the as modules (embedded) distributed
by the Infinispan release it works just fine.

Wildfly 9 includes this Infinispan version, so the difference is that
now I'm running the modules which are shipped with WildFly 9 directly:
this should work for end users w/o additional downloads.

Don't take the current master of WF9 as reference: there are some
(other) problems with these modules, so I'm fixing them.. the other
problems were classloader / Search / Hibernate related and I have
patches for those, this run is using them.
But this one I don't understand? Any idea of what to look for? It's
probably caused by some extension point too much, or too few, but it's
not giving a hint.

Another notable difference, is that Infinispan 7.1.1.Final shipped
with JGroups 3.6.1.Final - so that's what I'm using in the version
which works - while WildFly 9 is using JGroups 3.6.2.Final.
I've tried to patch WildFly9 to use the older JGroups but it didn't
change the result.

Thanks,
Sanne