[infinispan-dev] JCache integration with Wildfly provided configuration

Christian Beikov christian at sweazer.com
Sun Aug 9 12:02:13 EDT 2015

Hello,

I am using Infinispan 7.2.3.Final within Wildfly 9.0.1 and I would like
to use the JCache integration but I struggle a bit.

I configured the JGroups subsystem in the standalone.xml of my Wildfly
installation to enable clustering of Infinispan caches. That works as
expected, but I wasn't sure how I would have my caches clustered too. I
thought of some possible solutions but they both aren't really what I am
looking for.

 1. Put the cache container configuration into standalone.xml
 2. Copy the JGroups configuration and create a new transport in a
    custom infinispan configuration

When doing 1. I can't really use the JCache integration because there is
no way to tell the caching provider, that I want a CacheManager for a
specific cache container. If you would recommend doing 1. then it would
be nice if the caching provider would not only accept file URIs, but
also something like JNDI names. By doing that, I could reference
existing cache containers which at least solves the problem with the
JCache integration. Still I would prefer option 2. because I wouldn't
have to change the standalone.xml every time I add a cache.

When doing 2. I can use the infinispan configuration file as URI when
creating the cache manager so the JCache integration works without a
problem. The only thing that is bothering me is, that I have to copy the
JGroups configuration to have a separate transport for my applications
cache container. I can't seem to reference the transport that I
configured in the standalone.xml nor does it default to that. I would
really like to reuse the JGroup channel that is already established.

What I would like to know is, whether there is a possibility to make use
of the JGroups configuration I did in the standalone.xml. If there
isn't, what should I do when wanting to cluster my caches? Just go with
option 1?

Regards,
Christian Beikov