[infinispan-dev] JGroups 4.0.0.Alpha1

Paul Ferraro paul.ferraro at redhat.com
Tue Aug 23 12:33:39 EDT 2016

The problem isn't modifying the WF API to return a narrower type. We
can certainly do that. The problem is that existing applications
expect a org.wildfly.clustering.jgroups.ChannelFactory to return an
org.jgroups.Channel.  When they upgrade to WF11, they should get a
deprecation warning, not a NoClassDefFoundError. Eventually, we can
break their application, as they would have been sufficiently warned
already.  I'm sure there are JGroups users that will be in the same
boat.