[infinispan-dev] Data Container Changes Part 1

Radim Vansa rvansa at redhat.com
Tue Dec 20 11:10:57 EST 2016

Perfect! This would reduce the only limitation of dist/replicated caches
in 2LC, while I am convinced that these have much better performance
(there have been some changes recently, so I have to re-run the perf tests).

So, how should that feature be exposed to users?

1) Annotating the value class with @NonEvictable or @Evictable(false)
- What if the user can't change the class definition? That would require
us to provide alternative way as well (listing classes in configuration)
- Should we set this fixed for a value class? Inheritance?
- Should we support also @NonEvictable keys?

2) Adding Flag.NON_EVICTABLE to the write
- Flags are a bit controversial, we shouldn't add more user-facing flags
- We need a Param for functional commands as well

3) Other ways?

Should we create another type of CacheEntry (-1), add a flag to
Metadata, or something else?

Radim