[infinispan-dev] Changing default Hot Rod client max retries

Dan Berindei dan.berindei at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 08:34:57 EDT 2016

I'd also like to see an option for the total time to wait, instead of
having to worry about two (or more) different settings.

True, if there's a bug that causes the request to fail immediately and
the client retries without pause for 1 minute, it can generate a lot
of unnecessary load. So perhaps we should only retry if we "know" the
error can be fixed by retrying, e.g. on connection close or on
IllegalLifecycleStateExceptions.

Cheers
Dan