[infinispan-dev] Off-Heap Storage Query

William Burns mudokonman at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 13:29:54 EST 2016

On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 12:27 PM Alan Kash <crudbug at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there any architecture document of Off-Heap storage architecture. Do we
> have an ETA for this feature.

I am planning on creating a PR for this week assuming everything goes
well.  The required PRs to be integrated before this can go in though are
still waiting though.

I will be adding official documentation for it soon after.  Just trying to
get it in at this point.

> Are we using any standard library for  storage ? I looked online, the
> Apache Cassandra project has abstracted the Off-Heap functionality into

No the upcoming implementation is all home grown.  This is the second
iteration of the implementation, the first used the Netty allocator to
perform all the various allocations.  However the new implementation is
100% off heap using Unsafe for allocations.