[infinispan-dev] Cache creation over Hot Rod / REST

Sanne Grinovero sanne at infinispan.org
Tue Sep 13 07:42:39 EDT 2016

Thanks Tristan, that's a very welcome feature!

Regarding the suggested API:
 - RemoteCache RemoteCacheManager.createCache(String cacheName, String
configurationName, boolean temporary)

I like the basic idea, I'm not sold on the "temporary" boolean.
I think it might be confusing as it's not clear that the
"temporaneousity" refers to the configuration change being persisted
or not, rather than introducing some notion of a "temporary cache";
for example I might expect the Cache to be destroyed when my client
disconnects.
Maybe simply change the argument name to "persistInConfiguration" |
"modifyConfigurationfiles" | .. ?

I wouldn't mind to see this feature materialize in a simpler form
which simply doesn't expose the capability to modify configuration
files at all.

So you could consider a:
 - RemoteCache RemoteCacheManager.createCache(String cacheName, String
baseConfigurationName);

More importantly, I'd like to see a symmetrical method to destroy the
created caches; particularly useful for execution of integration
tests.

Thanks,
Sanne