[infinispan-dev] Ceph cache store

Vojtech Juranek vjuranek at redhat.com
Thu Sep 29 05:13:16 EDT 2016

Hi Sebastian,
sorry for late reply.

> The only thing that comes into my mind is to test it with
> Kubernetes/OpenShift Ceph volumes [6].

I'm not very familiar with k8s and its doc page doesn't provide any detail how
it works under the hood, but AFAICT (looking on the source code [1]), it uses
Ceph FS, not directly librados which is used by cache store, so IMHO there's
not much to test. Single file store or soft index files store would be more
appropriate to test with k8s Ceph volume.

But what I'd like to do definitely in the future is some performance
comparison between Ceph store using directly librados, cloud store using Ceph
via RadosGW and single file store using Ceph via CephFS.

Thanks
Vojta

[1]
https://github.com/kubernetes/kubernetes/blob/master/pkg/volume/cephfs/cephfs.go