[infinispan-dev] Infinispan Query API simplification

Dan Berindei dan.berindei at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 09:34:24 EDT 2017

On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 3:56 PM, Radim Vansa <rvansa at redhat.com> wrote:
> That's completely opposite approach from the one outlined for
> distributed counters and other "on-top" functionality (the same approach
> was later suggested for conflict resolution manager, multimap and maybe
> others). Why is query 1st level citizen and those others are not?
>
> I am not opposing the idea but let's define the line between patriarchs
> and plebeians.

I think you meant patricians, not patriarchs :)

But your question makes sense, especially as Sanne pointed out that
some query functionality will not be available via the commons/core
API.

> How big is the DSL API surface (which will be brought into commons)?

-1 from me to add anything in commons, I don't think allowing the
users to query both embedded caches and remote caches with the same
code is that important. I'd rather go the opposite way and remove the
BasicCache interface completely.

Dan