[infinispan-dev] tuned profiles for Infinispan ?

Sanne Grinovero sanne at infinispan.org
Thu Aug 3 13:59:59 EDT 2017

On 3 August 2017 at 18:11, Dan Berindei <dan.berindei at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 4:14 PM, Sanne Grinovero <sanne at infinispan.org>
> wrote:
>>

>> On 19 Jul 2017 14:52, "Dan Berindei" <dan.berindei at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Can't we just copy a profile from Hibernate or WildFly?
>>

>> I'm not aware of such profiles. Remember these are system wide settings,
>> I'm not sure how useful it is for libraries like Hibernate.
>>
>> It seems more common for databases, I guess because they are more likely
>> to have a whole machine dedicated to their specialized use case.
>>
>> WildFly is an interesting idea but I suspect they'd rather inherit from
>> the Infinispan tuning recommendations.
>

> That was exactly my point: let someone else do the work and copy it for
> Infinispan :)

If all systems were equal the basic kernel defaults would be fine already no?

The only reason the Wildfly team might be interested into eventually
inheriting from the Infinispan tuned profile is that they heavily rely
on Infinispan. The opposite is not the same, as WildFly (and
Hibernate) don't benefit us much from system level tuning.

If you want to copy I already mentioned there's a profile for HANA -
that should be a reasonable starting point for an IMDG - and if you
read the pointers I gave you'd see it's a very readable file format so
it might take you just minutes to make some reasonable changes based
on your knowledge of Infinispan.

Thanks,
Sanne