[infinispan-dev] infinispan cache retrieval - byte[]

Alessandro Vaccarezza avaccarezza at c2b2.co.uk
Wed Aug 30 13:16:25 EDT 2017

Hi guys,

we ar facing an issue since quite a long time and can't come up with a solution.

Our simple application is deployed on a wildfly instance and make use of a local infinispan data store (infinispan-9.1.0.Final).

Wildfly resides on a CentOS 6.8 instance, Java version is 1.8.0_112.

We implemented a very basic servlet and registered as a listener. Within this servlet we use an org.infinispan.manager.EmbeddedCacheManager to retrieve an
existing cache and add values to it.

Compatibility mode is on.

The values added to the cache are instance of a simple Java POJO.

When we try to retrieve what we just added, within the same servlet, we get a byte array, no way to retrieve the original POJO.
When we force the cast we get the obvious:

java.lang.ClassCastException: [B cannot be cast to com.my.pojo.SamplePOJO

Servlet: https://gist.github.com/anonymous/e8752cc8457301c2c70b3255e5c3bbc5
POJO: https://gist.github.com/anonymous/f35900875500a4bd6b4bb3b0cf73a363
Infinispan config file: https://gist.github.com/anonymous/b8482595f6b86ecc5642cceb6a99ad5e

Retrieving the cache via Hot Rod client works fine; also, if compatibility mode is turned off everything works fine as well.