[infinispan-dev] My weekly report

Tristan Tarrant ttarrant at redhat.com
Mon Feb 13 08:42:40 EST 2017

Hi guys,
I won't be able to attend this week's IRC meeting, so here's my update:

ISPN-7444 Configuration templates should not turn into concrete caches
This was a side-effect of my work on ISPN-7066 (default cache
inheritance) which was causing the Hot Rod server to start templates as
is if they were concrete caches.

ISPN-7442 Server configurations should use embedded defaults when possible
Server always had defaults hard-coded in the configuration resource
descriptors. I've changed it so that it uses whatever defaults the
corresponding embedded configuration element uses

ISPN-7445 Simplify default server configurations
Removed a ton of useless "example" configuration attributes from the
shipped configs, since most of them were duplicating "defaults" (wrong
ones at that) and an adverse impact on performance

ISPN-7446 Make the mode attribute on clustered caches optional and
default to SYNC
SYNC caches are what a user normally wants, so the "mode" attribute,
which was previously mandatory, is now optional and it defaults to SYNC.
This means that <distributed-cache name="mycache"/> is all that is
needed to get good defaults.

I also did some CI surgery/cleanup, especially trying to help Galder and
Sanne identify and solve the OSGi failures.

I released 9.0.0.CR1 and I fixed the website news feed since Google
deprecated the feeds API.

This week I want to go through docs, examples, javadocs and the website
to ensure that everything is in order for when we get to the final release.

Tristan
--
Tristan Tarrant
Infinispan Lead