[infinispan-dev] Feedback for PR 5233 needed

Tristan Tarrant ttarrant at redhat.com
Mon Jul 3 03:52:47 EDT 2017

I like it a lot.
To follow up on my comment on the PR, but to get a wider distribution,
we really need to think about how to deal with redeployments and
resource restarts.
I think restarts are unavoidable: a redeployment means dumping and
replacing a classloader with all of its classes. There are two
approaches I can think of:

- "freezing" and "thawing" a cache via some form of persistence (which
could also mean adding a temporary cache store
- separate the wildfly service lifecycle from the cache lifecycle,
detaching/reattaching a cache without stopping when the wrapping service
is restarted.

Tristan

On 6/29/17 5:20 PM, Adrian Nistor wrote:
> People, don't be shy, the PR is in now, but things can still change
> based on you feedback. We still have two weeks until we release the Final.
>
> On 06/29/2017 03:45 PM, Adrian Nistor wrote:
>> This pr [1] adds a new approach for defining the compat marshaller class
>> and the indexed entity classes (in server), and the same approach could
>> be used in future for deployment of encoders,  lucene analyzers and
>> possilby other code bits that a user would want to add a server in order
>> to implement an extension point that we support.
>>
>> Your feedback is wellcome!
>>
>> [1] https://github.com/infinispan/infinispan/pull/5233

Tristan Tarrant
Infinispan Lead