[infinispan-dev] Branching proposal

William Burns mudokonman at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 09:36:39 EDT 2017

On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 9:27 AM Galder Zamarreño <galder at redhat.com> wrote:

> Why are we working in 9.1.x, 9.2.x and master in paralell? We normally
> work on master and maybe one more maintenance branch.
>
> Except for occasional tricky backports (e.g. Radim's work) the rest has
> been pretty straightforward for me. Also, the number of backports I work on
> is low in general.

+1 For me the hard part is just remembering it needs to be backported. And
as Sanne mentioned refactorings shouldn't really be backported and these
are the types of the things that cause the most conflicts. And to be honest
on some backports I might not pull every change since the real fix may have
been quite small.