[infinispan-dev] Hot Rod secured by default

Tristan Tarrant ttarrant at redhat.com
Thu Mar 30 08:39:07 EDT 2017

Let me add another item:

combined with Sebastian's PR [1] we could also turn on encryption by
default using a self-signed certificate. We would also need to have an
easy option (i.e. a boolean, false by default) on the Hot Rod clients to
trust all certs.

This means that a Hot Rod client would need to be configured as follows:

ConfigurationBuilder clientBuilder = new ConfigurationBuilder();
clientBuilder
   .security()
     .authentication()
       .username("user").realm("realm").password("password")
     .ssl()
       .enable().trustAll(true);

without having to manually set up callback handlers or trustmanagers.

I don't think this would affect the user experience too much.

Tristan

[1] https://github.com/infinispan/infinispan/pull/5036

--
Tristan Tarrant