[infinispan-dev] Hot Rod secured by default

Radim Vansa rvansa at redhat.com
Thu Mar 30 12:04:44 EDT 2017

I don't see an example/quickstart using security on the tutorials page
[1]. Could you provide one that would show what all would the user have
to configure in order to do HotRod hello world?

While secure OOTB is good, I like performant OOTB. And it seems to me
that "I need security" is something they'll probably think about when
deploying (if they need that), and will look it up, I wouldn't like to
see "turn off security" in the perf tuning guide. So I'd say -1 to SSL
by default.

-1 to PLAIN authentication without encryption, that's not a safe
default. [2]

Radim

[1] http://infinispan.org/tutorials/
[2] http://www.prokofiev.ru/prikol/pics/p12/winfirewall.jpg