[infinispan-dev] Exposing cluster deployed in the cloud

Sebastian Laskawiec slaskawi at redhat.com
Mon May 8 03:57:40 EDT 2017

Hey guys!

A while ago I started working on exposing Infinispan Cluster which is
hosted in Kubernetes to the outside world:

[image: pasted1]

I'm currently struggling to get solution like this into the platform [1]
but in the meantime I created a very simple POC and I'm testing it locally
[2].

There are two main problems with the scenario described above:

   1. Infinispan server announces internal addresses (172.17.x.x) to the
   client. The client needs to remap them into external ones (172.29.x.x).
   2. A custom Consistent Hash needs to be supplied to the Hot Rod client.
   When accessing cache, the Hot Rod Client needs to calculate server id for
   internal address and then map it to the external one.

If there will be no strong opinions regarding to this, I plan to implement
this shortly. There will be additional method in Hot Rod Client
configuration (ConfigurationBuilder#addServerMapping(String mappingClass))
which will be responsible for mapping external addresses to internal and
vice-versa.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Sebastian