[infinispan-dev] Status 2017-05-29

Sebastian Laskawiec slaskawi at redhat.com
Mon May 29 06:57:00 EDT 2017

Hey!

Unfortunately I won't be able to attend today's status meeting, so here are
tasks I was looking at last week:

   - I released KUBE_PING 9.3 and merged some downstream fixes into it.
   - I release Spring Boot Starters 1.0.0.Final and added some more
   documentation
   - I added Infinispan Spring Boot Starters to Spring Initializr (
   https://start.spring.io/)
      - PR: https://github.com/spring-io/initializr/pull/434
      - Unfortunately it was rejected (see comments in PR). The main
      argument against it is that Spring Boot Developers are not in favor of
      adding another caching library. I'm trying to convince them that
it will be
      beneficial to do so. Please chime into the discussion if you wish.
   - I worked on accessing Infinispan cluster hosted in Kubernetes from the
   outside world. I have very good results in:
      - https://github.com/slaskawi/external-ip-proxy
      -
      https://github.com/slaskawi/infinispan/tree/ISPN-7793/map_internal_external_addresses
      - I'm doing benchmarks at the moment and will post some more
      information soon.
      - I've been doing most of the tests on Google Container Engine and I
      must say, the user experience is really good.
   - I created OpenShift templates for bootstrapping Infinispan:
   https://github.com/infinispan/infinispan-openshift-templates
   - I also participated in lots and lots of discussion around Infinispan
   and Kubernetes.

This week I plan:

   - Finish exposing cluster hosted in Kube to the outside world and
   publish benchmark results.
   - Look briefly at Istio (sidecar approach)
   - Start looking at ALPN and HTTP/2 support

Thanks,
Sebastian
--

SEBASTIAN ŁASKAWIEC