[infinispan-dev] Why do we need separate Infinispan OpenShift template repo?

Galder Zamarreño galder at redhat.com
Tue Sep 19 03:42:00 EDT 2017

Hi,

I was looking at the Infinispan OpenShift template repo [1], and I started questioning why this repo contains Infinispan configurations for the cloud [2]. Shouldn't these be part of the Infinispan Server distribution? Otherwise this repo is going to somehow versioned depending on the Infinispan version...

Which lead me to think, should repo [1] exist at all? Why aren't all its contents part of infinispan/infinispan? The only reason that I could think for keeping a different repo is maybe if you want to version it according to different OpenShift versions, but that could easily be achieved in infinispan/infinispan with different folders.

Cheers,

[1] https://github.com/infinispan/infinispan-openshift-templates
[2] https://github.com/infinispan/infinispan-openshift-templates/blob/master/configurations/cloud-ephemeral.xml
Infinispan, Red Hat