[infinispan-dev] Code examples in multiple languages

Tristan Tarrant ttarrant at redhat.com
Wed Sep 20 15:17:23 EDT 2017

One thing that I wish we had is the ability, when possible, to give code
examples for our API in all of our implementations (embedded, hotrod
java, c++, c#, node.js and REST).

Currently each one handles documentation differently and we are not very
consistent with structure, content and examples.

I've been looking at Slate [1] which uses Markdown and is quite nice,
but has the big disadvantage that it would create something which is
separate from our current documentation...

An alternative approach would be to implement an asciidoctor plugin
which provides some kind of tabbed code block.

Any other ideas ?

Tristan

[1] https://lord.github.io/slate/
--